Monthly Archives: November 2016

Changing Your Child’s Name on the Birth Certificate

In today’s blog we’ll break down the process of getting your child’s name changed on their birth certificate. You’ll initially file a petition for a name change in the county that your children reside. If you do not have an attorney, contact the district clerk in order to get the basic information on filing the […]

What To Do When You’ve Been Served

It happens… You’ve been served with a lawsuit (divorce, breach of contract, child custody, etc.) and of course you’re not too happy. What should you do? Step one: DON’T IGNORE IT So many people think that if they ignore a lawsuit of any kind that it’ll just go away. This is correct to an extent. […]